Wednesday, February 09, 2005

Thank god for little gameboys! They are so fun to hold in your hand and sell when bored with them...

So today I had to think of ways to indulge of my guilty pleasure of video game playing. The new PSP is only weeks away from popping it's head out of the Sony corps. cooter and I gots to get me mine! I gave a crack head glance around my apt. to see what cool shit I had to sell to apply no out of pocket cash to my PSP. I considered my dogs for a bit, but then guilt prevailed so I just spanked them out of frustration. Then the obvious hit me like a car Stevie Wonder was driving..."MY CURRENT GAME SYSTEMS!" Duh! I fell prey to two trends that were the cats meow in the beginning, but were now just bastard children in the way of my prize THE PSP. What systems you ask? (didn't know I could hear you huh? Yeah,well just watch yourself SUCKA!) One is the Nokia N-GAGE. A fine and dandy system in the day, but now a phone I'll never use and keep around because I paid big bucks for it at the time. Kind of like whores, y'know? The other was a GAMEBOY ADVANCE sp. Now this one was only a month old and I think the only reason I really bought it was because my niece wouldn't let me play hers. Yeah, she's only 7 BUT THAT AIN'T THE POINT!

Now the other task. Where to sell it? I didn't feel like asking friends or random co-workers because they always give you that look like your hitting hard times or you need a "fix" and have no cash. Well I knew what I had to do. Go to the sellers paradise. I knew that my old employer has a NWR (not work related) distribution e-mail that you could sell anything from old magazines to canned baby farts. The people there are so diverse and they treat a sellers deal like a fat kid treats found skittles in the couch cushions. I asked a lovely little friend of mine to send my e-mail ad to the fine folks in the office and sat by rubbing my hands in anticipation of the first takers. Here is a copy of my ad:

Ok Kids, here is a deal so sweet your dentist will slap you for talking about it!

FOR SALE!

GAMEBOY SP Onyx/black model - $50!!! (see attached photo)

This is a brand new system. I have only had it for barely over a month and much like ugly kids, it hardly gets played with. All the packing and booklets are intact and trust me, the system is beyond MINT condition. Like I said, I bought right after Christmas and only played it a few times. I plan on buying a different system so I ditching this one.

There are no games included, just the system...unless your willing to call my 7 year old niece to try and get her to sell them to you. Good luck.

The GAMEBOY SP retails for $80, but I'm letting it go for $50.

If your interested I can be contacted at kenobimail@yahoo.com. There is no screening process so the offer is open to everyone.

Good luck!

DJB

Now I expected it to be a while before the fish started to nibble but it took less than 5 MINS!!! Fo shizzle! These people don't mess around! You'd have thought it was a Michael Jackson sex tape or something! I was more than pleased that it was snatched up so quick...until the straggler e-mails started to pour in. OR the e-mails from people who knew who I was and decided to send me e-mails like we went way back. UH-Hello! If you know who I is but I haven't seen or talked to you in 2 years...why would you hit me up? This wasn't as annoying as the folks who sent messages like "does it have any games?" "what games are included?" "How much do you want?" Are you kidding me?! Is there not a plethora of information in the fuggin original e-mail!

Well, after snapping at the last one the e-mails have trailed off like punch drinkers in Jonestown. Everything worked out fine, I am well my way to PSP town and i shouldn't have to spend too much of my own Cizz-ash! Hopefully they don't start selling replica's of Paul McCartney's wifes fake leg or it's back to the old job crew for some ducets!

DJB

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home